London Laser Tag Terms and Conditions of Sale
In booking onto a London Laser Tag club, the customer agrees to the terms and conditions of sale as outlined below.
Description of Services
• London Laser Tag is owned and managed in joint partnership with UK Laser Tag Ltd and London Sports Academy Ltd (UKLT). It provides Laser Tag sessions in line with the description of the club chosen. This will involve led tuition by experienced and DBS checked coaches, who will be the main responsible adults during the session.
• To help ensure all children are kept safe and enjoy themselves, coaches follow the UKLT Behaviour Management Policy. Should a child’s behaviour be unmanageable, UKLT reserves the right to ask a parent or legal guardian (hitherto referred simply as 'parent') to remove a child without prior notice.
• There will be a charge of £5 for every 15 minutes that a child is left after the stated end of any session. This is payable immediately at the venue by cash/cheque or card.
• After 1 hour of non-collection and after telephone calls have been made to the given contact phone numbers, it is our responsibility to contact social services emergency duty line and they will then take responsibility of your child.
• The applicant agrees to pay the appropriate fees as advertised for the club chosen.
• UKLT will refund fully if for any reason a club is cancelled. UKLT are not responsible for non-attendance due to illness or any event out of UKLT control.
• If UKLT receives a cancellation at least 48 hours in advance of the club start time, UKLT will offer a full refund.
• Payment must be received before the club start date unless alternative arrangements have been agreed. Customers who have not paid may not be accepted onto sessions.
• Receipts will be given out on request.
Admission to clubs and events
• A child may only be allowed to attend the club once payment in full has been received. UKLT reserves the right not to admit a child if there are outstanding payments due.
• UKLT must be informed of the individuals who have permission to collect each child from the club. There will be a sign in form at registration that must be filled out by the adult dropping any child off to a club. There is an option to add an additional adult's name to this register for collection by another adult.
• UKLT clubs are sold on a first come first served basis with a capacity as advertised for the individual club. After the capacity is reached, a reserve list will be created and list members informed as spaces become available.
• A child may only attend the club when the full details asked for on the application form have been completed by the child's legal guardian. It is the parent's responsibility to ensure contact details and medical information is accurate.
• Any medical equipment must be provided by the parent and labelled (e.g. epi-pen, asthma pump etc). It is the parent’s responsibility to let the UKLT member of staff at registration know how to use the equipment. Wherever practical, children are expected to use their own medical equipment, with supervision from a first aid qualified coach. A medical administration form us used to record the child, type of medicine and equipment kept at the venue and appropriate support, if required.
• Staff are not permitted to administer any type of prescribed medication under any circumstances to any child.
• By agreeing to the terms and conditions, UKLT coaches are given permission to administer first aid to any child should injury/illness occur, within their capabilities and qualification.
Food allergies and other conditions
• If your child has any type of allergy or other relevant condition, please ensure that UKLT is aware when completing your booking.
• All UKLT clubs are no nut clubs and parents are requested not to pack these for their children.
• An UKLT Paediatric First Aider will be present at every session.
• In the unlikely event of an accident identified as significantly serious by the first aider and the parent/carer/emergency contact person cannot be reached the named venue and UKLT will call an ambulance and admit the child to the appropriate medical practice. In these circumstances the child will always be accompanied by an appropriate adult.
• Parents will be informed if an accident has occurred during the session and the details will be entered into our accident register.
• Parents are required to provide suitable clothing (depending on the weather), change of clothes and sun cream for their child. Sun hats are also recommended on hot days. This is the parents responsibility.
• UKLT recommends lace tie boots or trainers. Flimsy footwear such as sandals need to be avoided, as children will be active. Parents are required to provide a raincoat, as UKLT will run sessions outdoors in all weather conditions.
• If a child is brought to a club on a day they are in danger of sunburn with no sun cream, the adult registering the child will be requested to ensure sun cream is applied prior to the start of the day. Should a child be found at the club to have no sun cream, coaches will request permission via the daily contact telephone number to provide cream for that child. UKLT reserves the right to provide sun cream, should the alternative be the child will suffer sunburn/heatstroke due to cream not being applied and provided by parents. Any known sun cream allergies must be included in the child's medical information when booking.
• Parents/carers will be responsible for providing spare clothing, cleaning and changing a child in the unlikely event of a child soiling her/himself. Parents/carers will be contacted immediately if this occurs.
• Children are not permitted to wear any jewellery for health and safety reasons and children with long hair are advised to tie it back.
• Your child should not attend sessions if he/she has a severe cough, ear ache, fever, sore throat, cold etc. If your child has experienced vomiting/diarrhoea or discharge from the eyes, ears or nose in the past 48 hours, we ask that he/she does not attend the session.
• Your child should not attend sessions during the incubation period of any contagious illness to which he/she has been exposed. The GP will advise when to return to activities.
• Notify UKLT if your child has developed any contagious illness.
• The UKLT coach or staff will contact you if your child shows evidence of illness during the session. It is your responsibility to make arrangements to have your child picked up from the session as soon as possible should this be the case.
• UKLT advise children not to bring any valuable items/precious belongings.
• UKLT are not responsible for the loss of any items.
• Parents should check all items are taken from sessions, as UKLT coaches cannot be responsible for lost property.
Complaints, cancellation and refunds
• It is the aim for UKLT to resolve any complaints or concerns as quickly and amicably as possible. Refunds for any clubs cancelled by UKLT are issued within 28 days.
• In the first case, complaints are to be raised with staff and they will make every effort to resolve the issue. Complaints are to be directed to the Club Coordinator, who will be a member of the company's directorship.
• If the matter is not resolved to satisfaction, parents should follow the complaints procedure set below:
• Put your complaint in writing to the Club Coordinator. Include names, dates, times and what you’re unhappy about in the letter/email.
• We will acknowledge and investigate your complaint within 14 days. If there is a delay, we will advise you of the reasons
• The response you receive will be copied to all staff members concerned.
• UKLT has an established behaviour management model.
• Please note as stated under the Parent’s Information section, UKLT reserves the right to refuse admission. We may seek to apply this term if your child’s behaviour has a negative effect on the other children.
• Parents are asked to inform UKLT if there has been any event that may have an effect on their child’s behaviour.
• All UKLT coaches have attended Safeguarding training.
• UKLT's designated (Level 3) Safeguarding Officer is James Boit. Should the safeguarding issue be regarding this member of staff, please refer to Local Authority.
• Coaches will refer any child protection issues to the Club Coordinator and in turn on to the UKLT Safeguarding Officer. Should the safeguarding issue be regarding the Safeguarding Officer they will refer to Local Authority.
• Any further action taken will be in line with safeguarding guidelines and in consultation with the appropriate authorities.
Photography/Filming and Images
• No parent, guardian or other spectator is permitted to use photography or video recording devices during the sessions. Any individual who does so will be asked to stop and will be removed if they refuse. It is an offence to take or publish imagery without consent.
• When UKLT intends to take any media for public use (Facebook/Instagram/website), permission will be sought from the guardian dropping the child off at the club and noted on the daily sign-in register.
• UKLT sessions will run regardless of the weather conditions. A reduced timetable may run in the event of significant inclement weather.
We will never disclose any information we hold to any organisations or individuals outside of UKLT without clear consent of the parent/guardian booking a club. We do not store credit card details. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure, via a secure database and secure booking via our website. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We require personal information to understand your needs, provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails and texts about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We request permission to email and text you when you book. Should you change your mind you will be removed from our distribution lists.
• We only hold essential information about you and your children to be able to run our clubs safely and effectively and to comply with any Ofsted registration requirements.
• The only thing we use any data we collect for is to run our clubs and, if you opt in, to let you know what clubs are upcoming.
• We manage our records to ensure children who become to old to attend our clubs are deleted, along with family contact info.
• If requested, we will delete any relevant records we hold of parents and children.
• Parents are welcome to view all of the information held by UKLT . We only store information relevant to the safe and successful running of each club and to adhere to statutory requirements.
• We keep our database of records on a secure server and password protected. Only specific DBS vetted UKLT staff have access to these records and the records are only used to run our sports camps.